Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday April 14, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-People know you for what you've done not for what you plan to do-
2-We are all pencils in the hand of a writing God who has sent a love letter to the world-
3-Praising God is always a result not a cause-
4-The greatest human challenge is to "walk our talk"-
5-Before there is a new beginning there has to be an ending-
STRANGE THOUGHT-The only thing that ever sat it's way to success was a hen-
I'VE LEARNED-You can't plow a field by turning it over in your mind-
DID YOU KNOW-Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first thanksgiving dinner-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What are the names of the "Lost Gospels"?
2-Do the "Lost Gospels" have any historic or spiritual value?
3-Who were the authors of the "Lost Gospels"?
4-Do any of the "Lost Gospels" have any truth in them?
5-When would the "Lost Gospels" have been written?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What prophet condemns people who pile up stolen goods?
Yesterday's answer-His silver cup Genesis 44:1-17
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Matthew 8:5-13
Jesus Heals a Soldier's Servant
5 When Jesus entered the city of Capernaum, an army officer came to him, begging for help.6 The officer said, "Lord, my servant is at home in bed. He can't move his body and is in much pain."

7 Jesus said to the officer, "I will go and heal him."

8 The officer answered, "Lord, I am not worthy for you to come into my house. You only need to command it, and my servant will be healed.9 I, too, am a man under the authority of others, and I have soldiers under my command. I tell one soldier, 'Go,' and he goes. I tell another soldier, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and my servant does it.

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. He said to those who were following him, "I tell you the truth, this is the greatest faith I have found, even in Israel. 11 Many people will come from the east and from the west and will sit and eat with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But those people who should be in the kingdom will be thrown outside into the darkness, where people will cry and grind their teeth with pain."

13 Then Jesus said to the officer, "Go home. Your servant will be healed just as you believed he would." And his servant was healed that same hour.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, how our hearts rejoice as we celebrate and honor the historic fact that death has lost its sting and the devil’s power over it has been destroyed. We no longer have to fear death since it is now a covenant blessing to sleep in Jesus. Death has been swallowed up in victory so that there is no dread or fear associated with death for the believer. Death is but a moment but the eternity of glory is unending. Thank You for providing us passage through the gates of heaven through our Lord’s sacrificial death and glorious resurrection. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.

LAUGHTER IS GOOD EXERCISE, IT IS LIKE JOGGING ON THE INSIDE!



No comments: