Thursday, April 05, 2012

Thursday April 5, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The best thing to give-
-Your enemy, forgiveness
-An opponent, tolerance
-A friend, your heart
-Your child, a good example
-yourself, respect
-All people, charity
STRANGE THOUGHT-We could all take a lesson from the weather, it pays no attention to criticism-
I'VE LEARNED-The more you laugh the less you fret-
DID YOU KNOW-The first police force was established in Paris in 1667-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Could some of Matthew, Mark and Luke's writings about Jesus have been based on tradition rather than on facts?
2-Since Jesus wasn't in hiding, how can you say Judas betrayed him for the authorities could have arrested him at any time?
3-How did Peter's reputation turn from "satan" to "rock"?
4-Was Judas apart of the salvation plan of God or the traitor he is thought to be?
5-Why is Judas never mentioned in the gospel of John?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who stole idols from her father?
Yesterday's answer-Recab and Baanah, captains of Ishbosheth 2 Samuel 4
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Matthew 7:1-6
1 "Don't judge others, or you will be judged. 2 You will be judged in the same way that you judge others, and the amount you give to others will be given to you.

3 "Why do you notice the little piece of dust in your friend's eye, but you don't notice the big piece of wood in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your friend, 'Let me take that little piece of dust out of your eye'?? Look at yourself! You still have that big piece of wood in your own eye. 5 You hypocrite! First, take the wood out of your own eye. Then you will see clearly to take the dust out of your friend's eye.

6 "Don't give holy things to dogs, and don't throw your pearls before pigs. Pigs will only trample on them, and dogs will turn to attack you.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, I pray that You will guard my heart so that I am not lured into reckless desires that originate from worldly thinking and godless behavior. I know, in my heart, that these worldly desires lead to ruin and destruction as they gradually lead me to abandon godly principles and holy living. May godless trends and philosophies be evident to me as I reject the enemy’s plan to gradually dull my senses to what is falsely called knowledge and the enlightenment of our age. May I always pursue righteousness through a vibrant faith in You, through Christ Jesus, my Lord and my Master. Amen.

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!



No comments: