Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday April 17, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Rumor is the most buoyant thing there is, it is easy to float one and hard to sink it-
2-The slanderer differs from the assassin only in that they murder the reputation instead of the body-
3-The critical tongue gets it's orders from an untrained eye, an unthoughtful mind and an ungrateful heart-
4-You'll never move up if you're continually running someone down-
5-Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared, but only men of integrity are trusted-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Wisdom comes with age but sometimes age comes alone-
I'VE LEARNED-There is more to life than what you can see-
DID YOU KNOW-Francis Scott Key was a young lawyer who wrote the poem "The Star Spangled Banner" after being inspired watching the Americans fight off the British attack of Baltimore during the War of 1812. The poem became the words to our national anthem.
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why do we know little or nothing about Mary's other children?
2-Did all of Jesus' siblings believe Jesus was the Messiah?
3-Some think Jesus and Mary Magdalene had love feelings for each other. Is that possible?
4-Do all choices have eternal consequences?
5-Does repenting mean to ask forgiveness, change the way you think or accepting Jesus' purpose for you?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who burned the Philistines' grain by tying torches to the tails of foxes?
Yesterday's answer-Absalom 2 Samuel 14:28-33
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Matthew 8:23-27
Jesus Calms a Storm
23 Jesus got into a boat, and his followers went with him.24 A great storm arose on the lake so that waves covered the boat, but Jesus was sleeping.25 His followers went to him and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We will drown!"

26 Jesus answered, "Why are you afraid? You don't have enough faith." Then Jesus got up and gave a command to the wind and the waves, and it became completely calm.

27 The men were amazed and said, "What kind of man is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!"

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, help me not to waste my time and energy in futile or wishful thinking. Instead I want to fix my thoughts upon the living hope I have in Jesus Christ my Lord. I anchor my soul in the bedrock of Your Holy Word so that when other viewpoints counter the truths presented in Your Word my anchor remains firm. When difficulties appear insurmountable remind me that I serve an extraordinary God who does not rely on natural solutions but works in the supernatural realm to meet each one of my needs. I am not tossed to and fro by wishful thinking but I am firmly grounded in the living hope of our resurrected Savior and it is in His name that I pray. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-



No comments: