Monday, September 09, 2013

Monday September 9, 2013 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Fear is not know for it's logic-
2-The abundance of possessions has a way of eclipsing God?
3-The word miser is just one letter short of misery-
4-Death is not a crises that can be averted but a bridge to cross-
5-The cemetery is not the domain of the grim reaper but the domain of the soul keeper-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Do identical twins have identical finger prints?
 
I'VE LEARNED-The secret to having enough is to want less-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The hum of a hummingbird comes from the super fast beat of the wings-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did the elder brother think the contrite heart of the younger brother was not for real?
2-Had the elder brother seen the brokenness of his father's heart and the pain that his brother's leaving
   caused him been the reason for not forgiving him for doing so?
3-Was the elder brother jealous of his younger brother and thought he was his father's favorite?
4-Was the father not aware of his oldest son's anger toward the younger brother?
5-Wasn't the younger son's leaving home with his inheritance a public embarrassment for the entire family?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who requested special places for themselves in Jesus' kingdom?
Today's answer-James and John   Mark 10:39
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Acts 17:10-12
10 That same night the believers sent Paul and Silas to Berea where they went to the synagogue. 11 These people were more willing to listen than the people in Thessalonica. The Bereans were eager to hear what Paul and Silas said and studied the Scriptures every day to find out if these things were true. 12 So, many of them believed, as well as many important Greek women and men.
 
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY-


 “God, you know the conflict in my life. I’m tired of it, and I want to make peace. I want to have your peace in my life so I can offer peace to others. So I accept your peace today. I open my life to you as best as I know how. Fill my life with love, not anger, and with patience, joy, and peace. Come in and fill every area of my life with your peace, and help me to be a bridge builder and not a wall builder. Help me to take the initiative and not wait on that other person. Help me to find the right time and place, and then help me to have the courage to confess my part of the conflict and to be humble. Instead of attacking the person, help me attack the problem. Help me to consider the other person’s perspective. Help me to speak the truth, fix the problem and not the blame, and to focus on reconciliation instead of resolving all the disagreements. I ask this in your name. Amen.”
 
 
 
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD


No comments: