Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday September 19, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-None of hell's misery will ever veto any of heaven's joy-
2-Not all disagreements are rooted in sin-
3-Equality is not sameness-
4-Unity is not uniformity-
5-Diversity, not conformity characterizes a perfect world-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why does "pipe down" mean "shut up"?
 
I'VE LEARNED-God rebukes you.  He shows you when you are off the path he has for you-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The penguin is the only bird that walks upright-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What might happen if we decided to live our life gratefully and thankfully?
2-How do you become grateful and thankful in the midst of problems?
3-What time is it in your life?
4-Does Jesus ever complain to his father God about his children's behavior?
5-Can a Christian be a complaining, nagging person?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who, in John's Gospel, is the "son of perdition?"
Today's answer-Judas Iscariot     John 17:12
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  18:8-23
18 Paul stayed with the believers for many more days. Then he left and sailed for Syria, with Priscilla and Aquila. At Cenchrea Paul cut off his hair,[a] because he had made a promise to God. 19 Then they went to Ephesus, where Paul left Priscilla and Aquila. While Paul was there, he went into the synagogue and talked with the people. 20 When they asked him to stay with them longer, he refused. 21 But as he left, he said, “I will come back to you again if God wants me to.” And so he sailed away from Ephesus.
22 When Paul landed at Caesarea, he went and gave greetings to the church in Jerusalem. After that, Paul went to Antioch. 23 He stayed there for a while and then left and went through the regions of Galatia and Phrygia. He traveled from town to town in these regions, giving strength to all the followers.

Footnotes:

  1. 18:18 cut . . . Hair- Jews did this to show that the time of a special promise to God was finished.
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father,  I make it my goal to please You.  So many goals I make reap rewards that last only a season, but when I set goals for righteous living the rewards last not only for this life, but for all of eternity. In setting my goals help me to be willing to lay aside that which hinders and the sin that so easily entangles so that I will reap a harvest of righteousness and peace. I want my primary goal to be that which pleases You, and the only way I can learn about that is to read and heed the Scriptures. My overall goal is to persevere to the very end of this life so that when I enter the other side I hear these words of commendation, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”  Amen.


MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: