Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday September 22, 2013 thought for the day



 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Knowledge talks, wisdom listens-
2-Don't let victories go to your head, or your failures to your heart-
3-An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest-
4-It is a terrible thing to see and yet have no vision-
5-The tragedy of life is not that it ends so seen, but that we wait so long to begin it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why can't you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
 
I'VE LEARNED-You don't need to compromise your convictions to be compassionate-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The deepest penguin dive ever recorded was 1,261 feet under the water-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is partial obedience the same as disobedience?
2-What happens when we spend time with God?
3-Is there a cause and effect relationship between what we do and what God will do?
4-How much faith is enough?
5-Is our faith constantly being reshaped by whatever is going on in our lives?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who brought Greeks to Jesus?
Today's answer-Phillip and Andrew  John 12:20-28
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 19:8-10
Paul went into the synagogue and spoke out boldly for three months. He talked with the people and persuaded them to accept the things he said about the kingdom of God. But some of them became stubborn. They refused to believe and said evil things about the Way of Jesus before all the people. So Paul left them, and taking the followers with him, he went to the school of a man named Tyrannus. There Paul talked with people every day 10 for two years. Because of his work, every Jew and Greek in Asia heard the word of the Lord.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, I want to store up Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You.  It is my Guiding Light so that as I live by faith I will triumph over evil. Help me to rebuke the devil’s temptations with Scripture just as Jesus did during the wilderness temptations. I may be weak, but Your Word is powerful to fight off the temptation to sin and to reassure me that You are with me even when others may forsake me. As a sign of my love for You I will obey Your commands and heed Your instruction. I can do this because I have stored up Your truths and commands in my heart and because Christ gives me strength.  Amen.


I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: