Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Wednesday September 4, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The life of the sinner is "me" focused-
2-Imperfect love keeps a list of sins and consults it often-
3-God's love casts out our fear because he casts out our sin-
4-God's Word holds rank over self criticism and self doubt-
5-Nothing fosters courage like a clear understanding of grace-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why is Rhode Island called an island when it isn't?
 
I'VE LEARNED-I'm not upset that you lied to me.  I'm upset that from now on I can't trust you-
 
DID YOU KNOW-An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What definitions of the word "rock"  applied to Peter's new name?
2-Why isn't there more scripture written by Peter?
3-Why was Jesus so secretive for so long about his deity?
4-Why was Jesus so pointed in his rebuke of Peter, calling him satan?
5-Whatever became of the shepherds after seeing the Christ child?  Did they become followers of Jesus?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was the apostle to the Gentiles?
Today's answer-Paul
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 16:29-34
 
29 The jailer told someone to bring a light. Then he ran inside and, shaking with fear, fell down before Paul and Silas. 30 He brought them outside and said, “Men, what must I do to be saved?”
31 They said to him, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved—you and all the people in your house.” 32 So Paul and Silas told the message of the Lord to the jailer and all the people in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took Paul and Silas and washed their wounds. Then he and all his people were baptized immediately. 34 After this the jailer took Paul and Silas home and gave them food. He and his family were very happy because they now believed in God.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

 






“Dear God, I admit I have a problem with my anger. I let other people push my buttons, I get even, and I don’t think before speaking. I’m asking for your help. Help me to reflect before reacting. Help me to learn to release my anger appropriately. Help me to find my identity completely in you. I open myself completely to you. Come into my life. Save me. Make the changes that only you can make. In your name I pray. Amen.”

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!


No comments: