Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday February 14, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God doesn't expect perfection but does expect behavior that will serve as a testimony to others that they are devoted to God-
2-Jesus death is a graphic reminder of how serious sin is.  It is serious enough to warrant the death penalty-
3-In the eyes of a holy God, sin is a capital offense-
4-The story of Ruth shows that Israel's greatest dynasty of kings came from a mixed marriage-
5-The Jewish nation chosen by God was not just for privilege but to become a light that draws people from all over the world to God-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A raison is a grape with a sunburn-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The most difficult thing to give away is kindness for it is usually returned-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Lanolin, an essential ingredient of many expensive cosmetics, is, in its native form, a foul smelling, waxy, tar like substance extracted from the fleece of sheep-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-At what point in human history did marrying family members become incest?
2-Did Adam and Eve pair off their sons and daughters to start new family units?
3-Cain had a son named Enoch and Seth had a son named Enosh.  Is there any connection to the similarities in the spelling of their names?
4-Did the men of the Old Testament times really live to be 100's of years old (as we now use calendar years)?
5-Was Enoch really removed from the earth without dying?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What did the seraph touch the trembling Isaiah's tongue with?
Answer for today-a live coal from the altar   Isaiah 6:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Isaiah 54:10
10 The mountains may disappear,
    And the hills may come to an end,
But my love will never disappear;
    My promise of peace will not come to an end,”
    Says the Lord who shows mercy to you.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying manJesus, though Satan’s temptations swirl about me in many forms and in various venues I resist the enemy’s desire to reside in my life.  Even as the devil seeks to wrap his noxious tentacles around my heart, I stand firm against him because You, Jesus, are the Protector of my soul, who stands guard at all times.  I am grateful for the warning signals often repeated throughout the Bible that teach me about Satan’s strategy. Thank You for Your still, small voice regularly reminding me that I am a child of God purchased by Your life-giving blood.  May everything that passes before my eyes and all activities I engage in reflect the light of Your redeeming love within me. It is through Your power that I resist the devil and stand firm in the faith.  Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!



No comments: