Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday February 23, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-To follow Jesus means to "go  fish"-
2-Christians are not better just better off-
3-Maybe, it is not always about trying to fix something broken.  Maybe, it is about starting over and creating something better-
4-Stand for what is right even if it means standing alone
5-A candle loses nothing of itself in lighting another candle-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Sweet meats are candies while sweet breads are meat (which are not sweet)-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Forgiveness is a life style-
 
DID YOU KNOW-An armadillo can walk under water
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is repentance a one time act?
2-Is repentance a mind set?
3-How do you "work out your salvation"?
4-What made the great flood diminish and where did the water go?
5-How high over the mountaintop of Mount Everest would the great flood have been
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-How did Elijah respond to an army captain's summons to present himself to King Ahaziah?
Answer for today   He called down fire from heaven on the captain and his men   2 Kings 1:9-12
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Psalm 141:1-4
Lord, I call to you. Come quickly.
    Listen to me when I call to you.
Let my prayer be like incense placed before you,
    And my praise like the evening sacrifice.
Lord, help me control my tongue;
    Help me be careful about what I say.
Take away my desire to do evil
    Or to join others in doing wrong.
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, it is the desire of every earnest believer to remain faithful to You. The world often uses the expression, “Be true to yourself” intending that people stand up for what they believe in, but those of the world, by and large, stand for causes and beliefs that often conflict with the holy Word of God. We are also subject to error and our emotions cannot be trusted, so with absolute resolve we choose to be true to You, rather than self. Once we put our hands to the plow we choose to cultivate Christian values and Biblical principles.  We fix our gaze on Jesus so that we don’t lose our way. We join with others of the Christian faith who hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, even as we spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Amen.

I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: