Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday February 25, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A sad spirit can kill you quicker than a serious infection-
2-The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge-
3-God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him-
4-The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken-
5-It is only possible to live happily ever after one day at a time-
STRANGE THOUGHT-A guinea pig is neither from New Guinea nor is it a pig-
I'VE LEARNED-As a Christian, I have more wealth than I could ever imagine and more than I'll ever deserve-
DID YOU KNOW-The porcupine's love for salt often leads the animal to roadways or walkways where salt has been sprinkled to melt the ice-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-From where did all the water come from for the great flood and where did it recede to?
2-How could the dove have returned with an olive branch when the olive tree would have been under water for approximately a year?
3-What kind of food did Noah put on the Ark for his families consumption?
4-Did Noah have a water collection system built into the Ark to have drinking water for them and the animals?
5-Where did the water come from to clean out all the animal stalls?
BIBLE TRIVIA-In answer to Elijah's prayer, where did fire from the Lord consume both the sacrifice and the altar?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Proverbs 8:17-21
I7 I love those who love me,
    And those who seek me find me.
18 Riches and honor are mine to give.
    So are wealth and lasting success.
19 What I give is better than the finest gold,
    Better than the purest silver.
20 I do what is right
    And follow the path of justice.
21 I give wealth to those who love me,
    Filling their houses with treasures.
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, the words of a song come to mind; “I’m not what I wanna be, I’m not what I’m gonna be, but thank God I’m not what I was.” There is a major difference in my actions and attitudes since I made You the Lord of my life. If I trace back to the beginning of my relationship with You I see more clearly the major changes You made in my heart.  But since my life is a living sacrifice there are always new challenges to tackle, temptations to resist, and trials to endure as a believer. It is not in my own physical strength or power that I am equipped to conquer the enemy, but it through Your Holy Spirit that I come against the giants of doubt, fear, bitterness, greed, lust, discontent and all the other negative foes Satan throws in my path. Though I’m far from perfect and always will be on this side, help me to endure to the end when that which is imperfect will be gone. Sin will no longer have a grip and finally I will be completely whole. All because of Your amazing grace as revealed in the person of Jesus Christ in whose name we pray.  Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!


No comments: