Friday, February 07, 2014

Friday February 7, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The past is where you learned the lesson, the future is where you apply the lesson.  Don't give up in between-
2-Most of the time it is better to be kind than right-
3-We don't need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens-
4-Give honest and sincere appreciation-
5-When you judge someone you do not define them.  You define yourself-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Chicken is the only animal you eat before it is born and after it is dead-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The winter of my life has come and I'm not sure how long it will last.   But this I know, when it is over on this earth it is not over.  A new adventure with God will begin-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The gait of the giraffe is a pace, with both legs on one side moving together-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why didn't God create Adam and Eve at the same time?
2-Were the trees "The tree of life " and "The tree of knowledge of good and evil" fruit trees?
3-Did Adam have any work to do in the Garden of Eden?
4-After God created woman from a man's rib, the bible says "for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and they will become one flesch."  This seems like an odd thing to say since neither had a parent.  Was this statement perhaps added after Genesis was written?
5-Why was the serpent a crafty animal?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who confessed that he had been self righteous?
Answer for today  Job  42:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     1 Corinthians 2:6-10
But as it is written in the Scriptures:
“No one has ever seen this,
    And no one has ever heard about it.
No one has ever imagined
    What God has prepared for those who love him.” Isaiah 64:4
10 But God has shown us these things through the Spirit.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Thankful man Father, You bless those who revere Your name and delight in Your commands.  In the midst of inner turmoil or outer conflict I will not be shaken for my heart remains steadfast trusting in You and Your overall plan for my life.  As I meditate on Your Word and stand firm in the midst of trials and testings I know that I will not be shaken. I want to remain firmly grounded as I overcome the daily obstacles that come my way.  Help me to learn the valuable lessons along the way as I press on toward the goal for which You have called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Many prizes of earthly value are earned on this side, but the prize of greatest worth that offers eternal reward is heaven. I’m headed there and will leave all sorrow, sin, and sadness behind. That will be glory, be glory for me! Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

No comments: