Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday june 27, 2016 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-People seldom get dizzy doing a good turn-
2-One who borrows trouble is always in debt-
3-Nothing is as difficult to do gracefully as getting off your high horse-
4-Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care-
5-People with broken dreams are often broken in spirit too-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A woman's place is in the home-just as soon as she leaves the mall-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Do not judge by appearances for a rich heart may be under a poor coat-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In the United Kingdom, there is no Act of Parliament making it illegal to commit murder.  Murder is only illegal due to legal precedent-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Who died first, Jesus or one of the other two thieves?
2-Just before he died, Jesus said "it is finished".  What was he saying?  Was it a cry of completion, a cry of victory, a cry of fulfillment, a cry of relief or a cry of defeat over satan?
3-The curtain in the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.  What was the significance of this?
4-When did Jesus reclaim his buried body?
5-What happened to Jesus on Saturday, the day between his crucifixion and his resurrection?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-"Remember me, my God; be kind to me" is the last verse of what book of the Bible
Answer for today      Nehemiah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Psalm 18:2-3
The Lord is my rock, my protection, my Savior.
    My God is my rock.
    I can run to him for safety.
    He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender.
I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    And I will be saved from my enemies.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 

Father, I remember the times I was overpowered with waves of worry, when I faced seemingly impossible situations, when everything was crashing down on me.  You delivered me.  You have been and always will be my Rock-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG,
 ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: