Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thursday june 23, 2016 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The worst part of being over the hill is that you don't recall ever being on top of it-
2-Often we pray for those things for which we should be working-
3-Keep company with good people and you will increase their number-
4-Always behave like a duck-keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like mad underneath-
5-Character is a victory, not a gift-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A will is a dead giveaway-
 
I'VE LEARNED-I feared the past until I realized that it could no longer hurt me-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In Italy, it is illegal to make coffins out of anything except nutshells or wood-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why do christian groups find fault with other christian groups or denominations?
2-Are there any christian denominations 100% correct in their doctrinal beliefs to the exclusion of all other groups?
3-Jesus prayed "may they all be one".  Is this remotely possible?
4-Why do christian groups tend to de-christianize others who are not like them?
5-Why is there so much disagreement among Christians over what kind of music is acceptable and proper in church?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA"Many have tried to report on the things that happened among us" is the first verse of chapter 1 of what book of the Bible?
ANSWER FOR TODAY      Luke
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now, a crown is being held for me—a crown for being right with God. The Lord, the judge who judges rightly, will give the crown to me on that day[a]—not only to me but to all those who have waited with love for him to come again.

Footnotes:

  1. 4:8 day The day Christ will come to judge all people and take his people to live with him.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Lord, as I anticipate your glorious return, enable me to fight the good fight, finish the race well, and keep my faith in Jesus.
 
MAY YOU ALWAY HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-

No comments: