Thursday, June 09, 2016

Thursday June 9, 2016 thought for the day




See note at the bottom**
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-I hear what you a saying but is that what you mean-
2-Being right or wrong is not the issue in loving relationships-
3-Love is a four letter word for forgiveness-
4-When you are doing God's business, God takes care of your business-
5-Forgiveness does not necessarily make things right but it does make you free-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Hero is what a guy in a row boat does-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The greatness of a man is not how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and ability to affect positively those around him-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The diameter of the wire in a standard paper clip is 1 millimeter, or about 0.04 inches-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Nothing in scripture talks about Jesus relationship with Mary's other children.  Why?
2-Did Mary tell her children that their brother Jesus was the Messiah?  If not, who did tell them?
3-Would Jesus have had a traceable DNA?
4-When Jesus was a child, would other children have teased him about being the Messiah.  What about when he was a teenager?
5-When did Jesus receive his divine miracle power?  Did he have it as a child or teenager or adult?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-"It was the thirtieth year, on the fifth day of the fourth month of our captivity. I was by the Kebar River among the people who had been carried away as captives. The sky opened, and I saw visions of God" is the first verse of chapter 1 of what book of the Bible?
Answer for the day     Ezekiel
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    2 Corinthians 12:8-9
I begged the Lord three times to take this problem away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.” So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can live in me.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

Father, only life experience will teach me in my heart of hearts that your grace is sufficient for me, whatever the circumstances.  Enable me to thank you for those hard circumstances so then I may wholeheartedly praise you for a greater understanding of your amazing grace-
 
MAY YOU ALWAY HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-
 

 
**The first picture above is not a picture of our family  but it is meaningful to us.  We had a grandson somewhat older than the child's age when his great grandfather was in the nursing home and unable to see and we experienced this picture several times.  He was not fearful of his g'pa and would crawl up in his arms and look him straight in the face.  In fact I think he would kiss him on his cheek.  This must have been a special delight to my wife's father!!  It was very touching for us to watch!!

No comments: