Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday July 16, 2016 thought for the day



 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-An old timer is one who can recall when you could tell children the facts of life and not be corrected-
2-Minds are like parachutes, they function only when open-
3-The future usually arrives before we are ready of it-
4-A wise man learns from the mistakes of others-
5-The best preparation for tomorrow is the proper use of today-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Mondays are the potholes on the road of life-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Respect the old when you are young, help the weak when you are strong, confess the fault when you are wrong for one day in life you will be old, weak and wrong-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In Morrisville, Pennsylvania, women need a legal permit before they can wear lipstick in public-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What does it mean to "bless"?
2-How do we bless God?
3-Does God bless both the saved and the unsaved alike?
4-Have we substituted church attendance for worship?
5-How does the Holy Spirit live in us?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-"Those writings tell what David did as king of Israel. They tell about his power and what happened to him and to Israel and to all the kingdoms around them" is the last verse of what book of the Bible?
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Psalm 138:1-2
1 Lord, I will thank you with all my heart;
    I will sing to you before the gods.
I will bow down facing your holy Temple,
    And I will thank you for your love and loyalty.
You have made your name and your word
    Greater than anything.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, I praise your name and honor your word.  I am grateful I can call on one and rely on the other-
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-

No comments: