Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday January 12, 2017 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Nothing we do on our own can accomplish much for God-
2-The resources God gives us should be used to do his work and carry out his will, but too often we use them to satisfy our own desires-
3-God's perfect holiness demands judgement for sin-
4-"Secret sins" are never secret from God-
5-We must get our standards of right and wrong from God and not from the popular trends of society-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Everyone you ever meet knows something you don't-
 
I'VE LEARNED
People are attracted to honesty- 
 
DID YOU KNOW
St. Stephen is the patron saints of bricklayers-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it possible to exhibit all the fruits of the Spirit all of the time?
2-Can you do religious activity and not be in God's will?
3-What is a pure motive?
4-What is the most important commandment of the Bible?
5-What is the worst sin?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
In what Bible book is this quotation found-"People weak from thirst went from town to town for water,
    But they could not get enough to drink.  Still you did not come back to me,” says the Lord."
Answer for the day    Amos
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
Psalm 63:1-4  God, you are my God.
    I search for you.
I thirst for you
    Like someone in a dry, empty land
    Where there is no water.
I have seen you in the Temple
    And have seen your strength and glory.
Because your love is better than life,
    I will praise you.
I will praise you as long as I live.
    I will lift up my hands in prayer to your name.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, thank you for your unfailing love.  You are deserving of all praise at all times.  I praise you today, not just for what you do, but for who you are as my faithful God.  I lift my voice and my hands and I praise your great name-
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-



No comments: