Sunday, September 03, 2017

Sunday September 3, 2017 thouht for the day




THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Be satisfied with your lot even if you don't have a lot-
2-It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful.  But what you have in your heart-
3-As the Lord loves a cheerful giver so likewise a cheerful thanks giver-
4-Those blessing are sweetest that are won with prayers and worn with thanks-
5-"I find in what soever state I am there with to be content". This was said by a man who was unfairly treated, unjustly jailed and a victim of the executioner's axe.
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Some people can tell time by looking at the sun.  I have never been able to make out the numbers-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Resentment is like drinking poison and hoping it is going to kill someone else-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Stainless steel was discovered by accident in 1913
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is holy fear?
2-What was it about Enoch that he escaped death?
3-Was the great man Abraham also at times a man of weak or no faith?
4-Is it hard to please God?
5-Why does God at times leave us in the dark about his will?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
1 Peter 1:16    It is written in the Scriptures: “You must be holy, because I am holy.”
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today      Leviticus19:2
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psalm 33:18   But the Lord looks after those who fear him, those who put their hope in his love.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
 

Father, help me to hope only in you.  Do not allow what I am hoping for to become what I am hoping in-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

 
 

No comments: