Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday Septemer 10, 2017 thought for the day





THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Having faith is a choice-
2-The book of Joshua is a bloody book.  It does no good to pretend it isn't-
3-To live in your promised land, you must face your Jericho-
4-Materialism is when your value equals your possessions-
5-The Hebrews used two instruments-1. The silver trumpet was used to call the people to assemble-2. The ram's horn was used to celebrate a battle already won-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Isotherms and isobars are even more important than their names sound
 
I'VE LEARNED
You will be happier if you give people a bit of your heart rather than piece of your mind-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Robots in Japan pay union dues-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-If the hidden is known and the secret is revealed at the judgement, won't I as a christian be ashamed beyond recovery?
2-Does the christian have anything to fear at the judgement?
3-Did Jesus take on himself the sins of all humanity or just those who believe in him?
4-What caused Jesus to says "my God, my God, why have you forsaken me".  Why did Jesus not say "father"?
5-Why was Mary chosen to be Jesus' human mother?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
1 Peter 3:12   The Lord sees the good people and listens to their prayers.
But the Lord is against those who do evil.”
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today     Psalm 34:15-16
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psalm 91:1-4   Those who go to God Most High for safety
    Will be protected by the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “You are my place of safety and protection.
    You are my God and I trust you.”
God will save you from hidden traps
    And from deadly diseases.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    And under his wings you can hide.
    His truth will be your shield and protection.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 

Father, help me this day to rest in your presence and to be grateful for the memories of your protection-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: