Saturday, July 07, 2018

Saturday July 7, 2018 thought for the day










 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-An encouraging tongue reveals a happy heart-
2-A kind tongue reveals a loving heart-
3-A controlled tongue reveals  a peaceful heart-
4-Three things that cause anger-hurt, frustration, fear-
5-Jesus can heal your hurting heart with his love-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Charlie Chaplin once won third place in a Charlie Chaplin look alike contest-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Sisters are different flowers from the same garden-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Elephants perform greeting ceremonies when  a member of the group returns after a long time away.  The welcoming animals spin around, flap their ears, and trumpet-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Were James and John cousins.  Was Salome their mother, a sister of Mary?
2-Was Jesus birth place an animal shelter or a cave?
3-Why don't we know the exact day or year of Jesus' birth?
4-Why was December 25 chosen as Christmas by one group of Christians and January 6 by another group-
5-At Jesus birth were the sheep on the hillside with the shepherds ordinary sheep or special sheep belonging to the temple for sacrifices?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What father and son were, according to David , swifter than eagles?
Answer for today       Saul and Jonathan       2 Samuel 1:23
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Micah 6:8     He has shown you, O mortal, what is good and what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, I want to walk humbly with you.  I admit I can't do it easily.  I'm selfish, often much more concerned about myself than about you.  Create in me a pure heart that overcomes my self centeredness and causes me to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with you-
 
 TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN.  BE A BLESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE.  LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments: