Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday July 24, 2018 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Christians are to be "night lights"-
2-The promises of God are in the words of Jesus.  The words of Jesus will change your life-
3-Jesus is the only way to God-
4-As soon as Jesus comes, the situation changes-
5-You don't need a personal resurrection if you are not dead-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
When I am not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Discernment is one of God's greatest gifts-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Rhinos are in the same family as horses and are thought to have inspired the myth of the unicorn-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How did Joseph know how to make the trip to Egypt and where to go?
2-What did Joseph do with the Magi's gifts?
3-How did the holy family live in Egypt?
4-When did Joseph and Mary's families first get to see Jesus?
5-When were Mary's other children born?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who warned people that the birds of the air could be tattletales, telling the king who had said bad things about him?
Answer for today        the author of Ecclesiastes        10:20
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Philippians 3:12-14    I do not mean that I am already as God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal, but I continue trying to reach it and to make it mine. Christ wants me to do that, which is the reason he made me his. 13 Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me through Christ to the life above. 
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, teach me today to come wholeheartedly to receive your transforming grace so I can walk in the total freedom of your forgiveness-
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: