Friday, August 03, 2018

Friday August 3, 2018 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-We all like miracles.  We just don't like being in a situation that requires one-
2-Prayer is the inheritance we receive and the legacy we leave-
3-You never know how, when or where God will answer your prayers-
4-Humility honors God and God honors humility-
5-All of life is meant to be a prayer just as all of life is mean to be an act of worship-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Happiness is like a cloud, if you stare at it long enough it evaporates-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The giant squid weighs up to two and a half tons and grows up to fifty five feet long-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did the baptism of Jesus have the same meaning as it does for us today? 
2-John the Baptist called people to repent of their sins, baptizing those who did.  Was this a heretical concept since there were no animal sacrifices for their sins?
3-When Jesus was baptized, the Spirit of God came on him in a form of a dove.  Was this symbolic or reality.  Had not God's Spirit already been a part of his life?
4-Does the Holy Spirit ever lead us into temptation?
5-Why did the Holy Spirit lead Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted?  Could he not have gone there on his own?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What bird was being sold in the temple courts when Jesus drove out the salesmen?
Answer for today         doves        John 2:14
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Jeremiah 29:11-13      I say this because I know what I am planning for you,” says the Lord. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. 12 Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will search for me. And when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, I call upon you today.  I am fully committed to following your heart and being blessed by the future you have planned for me-
 
I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH IN YOUR STRUGGLE, PEACE IN YOUR PAIN, AND VICTORY IN YOUR VALLEY-


No comments: