Thursday, August 09, 2018

Thursday August 9, 2018 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Mercy is compassion in action-
2-If you are a true Christian, you will be a merciful person-
3-Repentance is turning away from your sin-
4-God's mercy is his showing us kindness when we deserve punishment-
5-Personal heart change is a necessary first step toward personal life change-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Thank God he has the wisdom not to give us all that we want all of the time-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The giraffe's heart is hugh, it weighs twenty five pounds, is two feel long, and has walls up to three inches thick-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus's disciples own any property, land or homes?
2-Was preaching a part of the worship at the synagogues?
3-How did our current worship services practices evolve?
4-How did the Biblical people know what day of the week it was since they had no personal calendar-
5-Did Jesus followers worship him while he was alive or just follow him?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who declared that Nineveh's slave girls would morn like doves when the city was plundered?
Answer for today           Nahum        2:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
JOHN 7:37-38     On the last and most important day of the feast Jesus stood up and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 If anyone believes in me, rivers of living water will flow out from that person’s heart, as the Scripture says.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Father, my sin has dehydrated my soul.  I'm dying of thirst.  I believe Jesus is my only hope for life.  I confess my sin and turn to Jesus so that I may be satisfied in him-
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!

No comments: