Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday August 26, 2018 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Most people are inclined to tell the truth usually only when it benefits them-
2-Personal heart change is a necessary first step toward personal life change-
3-"Love your neighbor as yourself"-
4-"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good"-
5-Jesus showed his love for us by his willingness to suffer-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Law of close encounters-the probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Your children need your presence more than your presents-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The giant squid weighs up to two and a half tons and grows up to fifty five long-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When Jesus was a late teen, would he have had a desire to marry and have children?
2-What is the farthermost distance ever traveled by Jesus?
3-Would Jesus ever have ridden in a chariot?
4-Was doubting Thomas a twin and if so to who and why nothing about him?
5-Why was one of the disciples called James the less?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What concubine of Saul stood by the unburied bodies of her sons in order to keep the birds away?
Answer for today       Rizpah        2 Samuel 21:10
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
PSALM 22:1,5     My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
    Why are you so far from saving me,
    So far from my cries of anguish?
To you they cried out and were saved;
    In you they trusted and were not put to shame.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
  
Father, what Jesus endured on the cross is unfathomable to me.  Thank you for his willingness to suffer and die for my sins-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: