Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Tuesday August 7, 2018 thought for the day



 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Your giving benefits others, it also benefits you the giver-
2-Christmas is love in action, not just a once a year attraction.  Every time we love, every time we give, it is Christmas-
3-You could not live in a world of absolute justice and no mercy-
4-We want mercy for ourselves and justice for others-
5-You can't have a relationship without being troubled by the trouble of others-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Monday is an awful way to  spend your life-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Gratitude turns what we have into enough-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Because of its long stride, a giraffe is quicker than it appears.  At full gallop, the animal can run about thirty miles per hour-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus receive his families blessing to start his earthly ministry?
2-Nicodemus was a member of he Sanhedrin and Jesus was tried before the Sanhedrin so did Nicodemus participate in Jesus trial?
3-Did Nicodemus become a true follower of Jesus?
4-What happened to Nicodemus after Jesus' burial?
5-What convinced Nicodemus that Jesus was the Messiah?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What prophet warned that he would wail like an owl and walk about barefoot and naked?
Answer for today            Micah         1:8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
1 John 1:5-7     Here is the message we have heard from Christ and now announce to you: God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all. So if we say we have fellowship with God, but we continue living in darkness, we are liars and do not follow the truth. But if we live in the light, as God is in the light, we can share fellowship with each other. Then the blood of Jesus, God’s Son, cleanses us from every sin.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I pray that I do not return to the horror of my sins.  I don't want darkness to be a way of life.  So, I ask you to help me conquer the sin that plagues me-
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-



No comments: