Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday October 26, 2018 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
 
1-Sin and sickness are the consequences of the same rebellion.  They are cured by the same redeemer-
2-The very sin and sickness that satan intended for evil, God redeems for good.  Sin became a showcase of his grace.  Sickness became a demonstration of God's ability to heal-
3-Perseverance is stubbornness with a purpose-
4-Courage is being afraid but going on anyway-
5-He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things he has not but rejoices for those which he has-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
If you ate pasta and anti pasta, would you still be hungry?
 
I'VE LEARNED
I realize every morning that nothing I say today will teach me anything.  So, I am going to learn something-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Your statistical chance of being murdered is one in twenty thousand-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why was it necessary to have multiple writings about the same event in different books of the Bible?
2-Why was Jesus first taken to Annas since he was not the high priest and then went to Caiaphas who was?
3-Were the two thieves crucifixion already scheduled and Jesus was just added to their event?
4-Were crucifixions always done in multiples?
5-Why did Peter deny Jesus three times?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who had a vision of an angel on a red horse?
Answer for today        Zechariah        1:8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Luke 6:22-23     Count yourself blessed every time someone cuts you down or throws you out, every time someone smears or blackens your name to discredit me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and that that person is uncomfortable. You can be glad when that happens—skip like a lamb, if you like!—for even though they don’t like it, I do . . . And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company; my preachers and witnesses have always been treated like this.    Message
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
  
Father, give me the courage to embrace the cost, whatever it may be, of following Jesus-
 
I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH IN YOUR STRUGGLE, PEACE IN YOUR PAIN, AND VICTORY IN YOUR VALLEY-

No comments: