Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday October 22, 2018 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Jesus is not just a teacher or a revolutionist, but our Savior-
2-Jesus is the only one who divided history-
3-Satan brought death into the world, Jesus came to vanquish it-
4-God's grace is not fairness in human terms.  In his kindness he is offering to give it to us anyway-
5-Putting our trust in Jesus is a matter of our will, not our intellect-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
If love is so blind, why is lingerie so popular?
 
I'VE LEARNED-The eyes are useless when the mind is blind-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The longest kiss on record lasted 130 hours and 2 minutes-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What were the coins (30 pieces of silver) given to Judas by the chief priests for Jesus?
2-Why was thirty pieces of silver the amount for betraying Jesus?
3-Why is nothing mentioned of the Wednesday of Holy Week in Scriptures.  Did nothing of importance happen then?
4-Why did Jesus eat the pass over  with his disciples in the upper room instead of in a home of a friend, or was it?
5-Would Jesus and his disciples have eaten the pass over meal before he introduced the bread and the cup of wine?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What two prophets were separated by horses of fire?
Answer for today        Elijah and Elisha       2 Kings 2:11
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psalm 18:20-24     God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start.
Now I’m alert to God’s ways, I don’t take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works, I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together, and I’m watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.         MESSAGE
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, the Bible is truly a treasure.  Help me live out this truth by spending time each day reading your word and obeying it-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: