Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday October 15, 2018 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The excellence of a gift is its appropriateness rather than its value-
2-The wise man does not lay up treasure.  The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own-
3-If you give from from your heart, unselfishly and unconditionally, it will be returned to you many times over-
4-The gift of gratitude is the best gift you can give or receive-
5-The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind and the ones that mind don't matter
 
I'VE LEARNED
The kids who need the most love ask for it in the most unloving ways-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The average person spends about two years on the telephone in a life time-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-If the Pharisees were not of large numbers (or were they), how did they hold so much influence over the people?  
2-Why did the disciples think that Jesus didn't have time for children?    
3-Why did the Jewish rabbis not associate with little children?
4-When and where did the practice of "Laying on of hands" start?  
5-What did Jesus mean when he said that anyone who doesn't become as a little child would not enter the kingdom of God?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What is the only Gospel to mention Jesus' riding on a donkey?
Answer for today       Matthew       21:1-9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 
2 Corinthians 7:9-10  Message         I know I distressed you greatly with my letter. Although I felt awful at the time, I don’t feel at all bad now that I see how it turned out. The letter upset you, but only for a while. Now I'm glad—not that you were upset, but that you were jarred into turning things around. You let the distress bring you to God, not drive you from him. The result was all gain, no loss.10 Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, show me my sin that I am too comfortable with to see.  Help me experience godly sorrow that leads to genuine repentance-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-


No comments: