Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday August 31, 2010 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God's assurance to those at the death of a Christian family member or friend---"they are with me, I am with you!"
2-A positive attitude is an expression of faith-
3-Love has no limit to what it will sacrifice-
4-Worry is praying for something to happen that you don't want to happen-
5-Often we must accept God's "no" and then live with the mystery of his will-
STRANGE THOUGHT-There is no elevator of success-
I'VE LEARNED-A small thing done in Jesus name is no small thing-
DID YOU KNOW-A phonophobe fears noise-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How could pride and rebellion (sin) have entered into Satan while in the presence of God?
2-Is Satan now only in the place called hell?
3-Does Satan now ever get into the presence of God?
4-What kind of creature is Behemoth as mentioned in Job 40?
5-What is the creature Leviathan mentioned in Isaiah 27?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What two women of Philippi were asked by Paul to stop their quarreling?
Yesterday's answer-Asenath, mother of Manasseh and Ephraim
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY LUKE 7:1-10
Jesus Heals a Soldier's Servant
1 When Jesus finished saying all these things to the people, he went to Capernaum.
2 There was an army officer who had a servant who was very important to him. The servant was so sick he was nearly dead.
3 When the officer heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to him to ask Jesus to come and heal his servant.
4 The men went to Jesus and begged him, saying, "This officer is worthy of your help
.5 He loves our people, and he built us a synagogue."

6 So Jesus went with the men. He was getting near the officer's house when the officer sent friends to say, "Lord, don't trouble yourself, because I am not worthy to have you come into my house.

7 That is why I did not come to you myself. But you only need to command it, and my servant will be healed.

8 I, too, am a man under the authority of others, and I have soldiers under my command. I tell one soldier, 'Go,' and he goes. I tell another soldier, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and my servant does it."

9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to the crowd that was following him, he said, "I tell you, this is the greatest faith I have found anywhere, even in Israel."

10 Those who had been sent to Jesus went back to the house where they found the servant in good health.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: