Thursday, February 03, 2011

Thursday February 3, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY COLD WINTRY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Submission to God's will may mean waiting for his timing-
2-There is healing in love-
3-Life's greatest question--How much does God have of me?
4-Don't seek the blessing, seek the blesser-
5-You can have just enough of Jesus to make you miserable-
STRANGE THOUGHT-A young mother was overheard to say, "I'd like to be the perfect mother but I'm just too busy raising my kids!"
I'VE LEARNED-One of the nice things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young-
DID YOU KNOW-The words racecar and kayak are palindromes; they're the same whether they are read left to right or right to left-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How are we to understand that Jesus was both man and God as a human?
2-When did Jesus know he was more than human?
3-Could Jesus have died another kind of death as a sin offering other than crucifixion?
4-Did the death of Jesus on the cross pay the full penalty of our sin even if we don't acknowledge or accept it?
5-After the resurrection, why didn't Jesus appear to the Roman authorities or the Jewish leaders?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What saintly king of Judah was crippled with a foot disease in his old age?
Yesterday's answer-David
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 John 2:7-11
The Command to Love Others
7 My dear friends, I am not writing a new command to you but an old command you have had from the beginning. It is the teaching you have already heard.8 But also I am writing a new command to you, and you can see its truth in Jesus and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

9 Anyone who says, "I am in the light," but hates a brother or sister, is still in the darkness. 10 Whoever loves a brother or sister lives in the light and will not cause anyone to stumble in his faith.11 But whoever hates a brother or sister is in darkness, lives in darkness, and does not know where to go, because the darkness has made that person blind.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER

No comments: