Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday May 27, 2011 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Conflict is the price you pay for a deeper level of intimacy-
2-You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be-
3-America is great because America is good. If America ever ceases to be good it will cease to be great-
4-We need to look at the goal not the going, see the prize not the process, the treasure not the trial, the joy not the journey-
5-God has not called us to a ministry of success, he had called us to a ministry of mercy and kindness-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I am nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect-
I'VE LEARNED-Your problem is not that someone said something that made you mad. Your problem is that you got mad at something someone said.
DID YOU KNOW-Tomatoes and cucumbers are fruits-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why was Moses able to get God to change his mind?
2-Can we as humans get God to change his mind today?
3-Is there a price to pay for being a Christian today?
4-What should be the reaction of Christian people when things don't go their way?
5-Why did God choose Moses as the Jews deliverer when Aaron was the diplomatic peacemaker?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who is the only woman in the bible described as a "wench"?
Yesterday's answer-Samson Judges 16:1-3
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 1:1-11
Serve Others with Joy
1 From Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus.

To all of God's holy people in Christ Jesus who live in Philippi, including your overseers and deacons:

2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's Prayer
3 I thank my God every time I remember you,4 always praying with joy for all of you.5 I thank God for the help you gave me while I preached the Good News—help you gave from the first day you believed until now.6 God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure he will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again.

7 And I know that I am right to think like this about all of you, because I have you in my heart. All of you share in God's grace with me while I am in prison and while I am defending and proving the truth of the Good News.8 God knows that I want to see you very much, because I love all of you with the love of Christ Jesus.

9 This is my prayer for you: that your love will grow more and more; that you will have knowledge and understanding with your love;10 that you will see the difference between good and bad and will choose the good; that you will be pure and without wrong for the coming of Christ; 11 that you will be filled with the good things produced in your life by Christ to bring glory and praise to God.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

O Lord God of Israel and God of the nations, you are the only God in heaven above or the earth below. I walk before you with all my heart. I bless your name in the morning when I rise and in the evening when I sleep, and all the day when your creation fills my eye. Bless me to remember you this day; when I see and hear the thousand miracles of your creation, let me see them anew, recalling that you have made them, and no other; that I may live in your presence among the common miracles I take for granted. Through Christ I pray,

Amen.

No comments: