Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Tuesday May , 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-It is not what he has which directly express the worth of a man, but what he is-
2-Blame keeps a wound open, only forgiveness brings healing-
3-Who is God sending across your path today who needs you?-
4-You learn from listening not talking-
5-We are a composite of all that has happened to us-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Have you ever noticed that babies are nauseated by a clean shirt?
I'VE LEARNED-No one root is responsible for the existence of a tree-
DID YOU KNOW-Australian chemist John Macadamia discovered the macadamia nut-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is all kinds of sorrow blessed?
2-Did all the great people of the Bible have weaknesses in their lives or did they live "perfect" lives?
3-Who does God get more glory out of working through, sinful people or righteous people?
4-Are we ever free from our sinful tendencies?
5-Can Christians ever be completely victorious over sin?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who had an Israelite servant girl who told him about a cure for leprosy?
Yesterday's answer-David's
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 TIMOTHY 3:10-17
Obey the Teachings
10 But you have followed what I teach, the way I live, my goal, faith, patience, and love. You know I never give up.11 You know how I have been hurt and have suffered, as in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra. I have suffered, but the Lord saved me from all those troubles. 12 Everyone who wants to live as God desires, in Christ Jesus, will be persecuted. 13 But people who are evil and cheat others will go from bad to worse. They will fool others, but they will also be fooling themselves.

14 But you should continue following the teachings you learned. You know they are true, because you trust those who taught you.15 Since you were a child you have known the Holy Scriptures which are able to make you wise. And that wisdom leads to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing people what is wrong in their lives, for correcting faults, and for teaching how to live right. 17 Using the Scriptures, the person who serves God will be capable, having all that is needed to do every good work.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Now, oh heavenly Father, I ask to be called as a witness to your love by the love I extend to others; a precursor of your justice by my unfailing commitment to what is right and good; a lamp set on a hill, reflecting the light of Christ in my forgiveness, mercy and compassion; and a harvester of souls through my humble and dedicated servanthood. In Jesus' name, I pray,

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!

No comments: