Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday may 18, 2011 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-They who anger you controls you-
2-God allows us to start fresh at any point in our lives-
3-Like a gardner, God must at times prune us to develop our character and faith-
4-Falling in love with love is like falling in love with make believe-
5-We tend to worship our work, work at our play, and play at our worship-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Half a large intestine=1 semi colon-
I'VE LEARNED-A sharp tongue can cut your own throat-
DID YOU KNOW-Eating raw onions is good for unblocking a stuffed nose-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does sanctification come from the Holy Spirit or the death and resurrection of Jesus?
2-What is the "power" that comes from the Holy Spirit?
3-Is the spirit that came upon Jesus the Holy Spirit that comes in our life today?
4-Is God persecuted when his children suffer persecution?
5-Does obedience always bring blessing?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What woman put on an act to convince David to recall Absalom from exile?
Yesterday's answer-David's 1 Samuel 22:3-4
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12
A Life that Pleases God
1 Brothers and sisters, we taught you how to live in a way that will please God, and you are living that way. Now we ask and encourage you in the Lord Jesus to live that way even more.2 You know what we told you to do by the authority of the Lord Jesus.3 God wants you to be holy and to stay away from sexual sins.4 He wants each of you to learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable.5 Don't use your body for sexual sin like the people who do not know God.6 Also, do not wrong or cheat another Christian in this way. The Lord will punish people who do those things as we have already told you and warned you.7 God called us to be holy and does not want us to live in sin.8 So the person who refuses to obey this teaching is disobeying God, not simply a human teaching. And God is the One who gives us his Holy Spirit.

9 We do not need to write you about having love for your Christian family, because God has already taught you to love each other.10 And truly you do love the Christians in all of Macedonia. Brothers and sisters, now we encourage you to love them even more.

11 Do all you can to live a peaceful life. Take care of your own business, and do your own work as we have already told you.12 If you do, then people who are not believers will respect you, and you will not have to depend on others for what you need.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done.

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!


No comments: