Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday May 30, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Mature love says I will change-
2-It is in trusting, not in trying, in resting, not in running that we find the strength of the Lord-
3-A moral wrong can never be politically correct-
4-A man can look at his wife and not see her, a wife can see through her husband without looking at him-
5-Your spouse is God's sandpaper in your life-
STRANGE THOUGHT-My short term memory is not as good as it used to be, and my short term memory is not as good as it use to be-
I'VE LEARNED-Most of us are the load we are carrying-
DID YOU KNOW-The avocado has the most calories of any fruit-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When did King Saul know that the shepherd boy David had been anointed king to replace him?
2-Why did King David not have control over his sons?
3-What was King David's greatest strength and his greatest weakness?
4-Why was King David not able to overcome the sexual temptation toward Bathsheba?
5-How many wives and concubines did King David have?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What prophet pictures women weeping for the god Tammuz?
Yesterday's answer-The wise woman of Abel 2 Samuel 20:16-22
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 2:1-4
1 Does your life in Christ give you strength? Does his love comfort you? Do we share together in the spirit? Do you have mercy and kindness?2 If so, make me very happy by having the same thoughts, sharing the same love, and having one mind and purpose.3 When you do things, do not let selfishness or pride be your guide. Instead, be humble and give more honor to others than to yourselves.4 Do not be interested only in your own life, but be interested in the lives of others.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of thy law, so that we might know our sin, and thy Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short. Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and let me never replace the truth which you have put into my heart with the clever words of men. Through Christ I pray,

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!






No comments: