Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday May 28, 2011 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Little sins add up to big trouble-
2-A loser is a winner if he conquers himself, a winner is a loser if he loses the battle with himself-
3-Grace is love given when it is not deserved, and forgiveness given when it is not earned-
4-Later often has a habit of coming sooner than you think-
5-Circumstances should not change our values-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you-
I'VE LEARNED-To know the value of a friend, lose one-
DID YOU KNOW-Apples, not caffeine, are more effective for waking you up in the morning-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do the Jews today take their Rabbi's from "the tribe of Levi" as were the priests in the old testament?
2-How do the Jews today atone for their sins since they don't offer blood sacrifices anymore?
3-What did Aaron do before being chosen as a spokesman for Moses?
4-When do you become accountable for your own actions (age of accountability)?
5-From what does the word witness come from?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who helped David by hiding two of his messengers in her cistern?
Yesterday's answer-The woman of En-rogel who acted as a liaison between David and the high priest 2 Samuel 17:19
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 1:12-26
Paul's Troubles Help the Work
12 I want you brothers and sisters to know that what has happened to me has helped to spread the Good News. 13 All the palace guards and everyone else knows that I am in prison because I am a believer in Christ.14 Because I am in prison, most of the believers have become more bold in Christ and are not afraid to speak the word of God.

15 It is true that some preach about Christ because they are jealous and ambitious, but others preach about Christ because they want to help.16 They preach because they have love, and they know that God gave me the work of defending the Good News.17 But the others preach about Christ for selfish and wrong reasons, wanting to make trouble for me in prison.

18 But it doesn't matter. The important thing is that in every way, whether for right or wrong reasons, they are preaching about Christ. So I am happy, and I will continue to be happy.19 Because you are praying for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ is helping me, I know this trouble will bring my freedom.20 I expect and hope that I will not fail Christ in anything but that I will have the courage now, as always, to show the greatness of Christ in my life here on earth, whether I live or die.21 To me the only important thing about living is Christ, and dying would be profit for me.22 If I continue living in my body, I will be able to work for the Lord. I do not know what to choose—living or dying.23 It is hard to choose between the two. I want to leave this life and be with Christ, which is much better,24 but you need me here in my body.25 Since I am sure of this, I know I will stay with you to help you grow and have joy in your faith.26 You will be very happy in Christ Jesus when I am with you again.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

O HEAVENLY Father, you understand all your children; through your gift of faith we bring our perplexities to the light of your wisdom, and receive the blessed encouragement of your sympathy, and a clearer knowledge of your will. Glory be to you for all your gracious gifts.

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!

No comments: