Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday May 15, 2011 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Stop looking where you have been and start looking where you want to go-
2-God never checks with your past to determine your future-
3-Never build your future on your past-
4-Agape love is unconditional love-
5-Listening to gossip is as wrong as repeating it-
STRANGE THOUGHT-The time between slipping on a banana peel and smacking the pavement is 1 banana second-
I'VE LEARNED-Football is not a contact sport, it is a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.
DID YOU KNOW-Ninety percent of the vitamin C in Brussels sprouts is lost in cooking-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why don't Christians follow Old Testament dietary laws?
2-Does God's blessing on all of Abraham's descendents include those of Ishmael?
3-Could Joseph (the carpenter) have made wooden crosses for the Romans to use and if so could Jesus have helped him?
4-Could Jesus the teenager have had girls interested in him?
5-Could Jesus as a youngster have had a nick name?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What invading general had a loving mother who never saw her son return from battle?
Yesterday's answer-Ezekiel (24:16-18)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Thessalonians 2:10-16

10 When we were with you, we lived in a holy and honest way, without fault. You know this is true, and so does God.11 You know that we treated each of you as a father treats his own children.12 We encouraged you, we urged you, and we insisted that you live good lives for God, who calls you to his glorious kingdom.

13 Also, we always thank God because when you heard his message from us, you accepted it as the word of God, not the words of humans. And it really is God's message which works in you who believe. 14 Brothers and sisters, your experiences have been like those of God's churches in Christ that are in Judea. You suffered from the people of your own country, as they suffered from the Jews 15 who killed both the Lord Jesus and the prophets and forced us to leave that country. They do not please God and are against all people.16 They try to stop us from teaching those who are not Jews so they may be saved. By doing this, they are increasing their sins to the limit. The anger of God has come to them at last.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Dear Lord, I give you my hands to do your work; I give you my feet to go your way; I give you my eyes to see as you see; I give you my tongue to speak your words; I give you my mind that you may think in me; I give you my spirit that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me. I give you my whole self, Lord, that you may grow in me, so that it is you who lives, works and prays in me.

No comments: