Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday January 11, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Living for Jesus does not mean we are always right or that we will always win-
2-Foolish hopes lead to foolish behavior-
3-God will win even when it appears he has lost-
4-There is more to life than food, clothing and housing-
5-If you worry about things, you are transferring tomorrow's problems into today-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult-
I'VE LEARNED-If you plant consideration, you will reap perspective-
DID YOU KNOW-Heroin is the brand name of morphine once marketed by "Bayer"-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When will the Jews possess all the land promised them by God?
2-Has God ever turned his back on his people the Jews?
3-Has God's covenant with Abraham been totally fulfilled?
4-What part does Jesus play in God's covenant with Israel?
5-Why is God's covenant with the Jews still in effect when they as a people rejected Jesus as their Messiah?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who were the Judeans fighting when God helped them slaughter a half million soldiers?
Yesterday's answer-God made a sound like a thundering army   2 Kings 7:6-7
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 10:22-30
22 The time came for the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was walking in the Temple in Solomon’s Porch. 24 Some people gathered around him and said, “How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I told you already, but you did not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name show who I am. 26 But you don’t believe, because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never die, and no one can steal them out of my hand. 29 My Father gave my sheep to me. He is greater than all, and no person can steal my sheep out of my Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, there is so much to contemplate and ponder concerning the birth of Your Son, Jesus. Mary is a tremendous example of one who was unable to fully comprehend or understand Your plan, but trusted You even before the answer was revealed. Help us to follow in her steps and trust You to work out Your will and plan in our lives even in the mysterious workings of our daily circumstances. Your humble and obedient servant, Mary, fulfilled your plan for her life and we receive the Christ Child; the Savior, the Messiah, our Lord! Thank You. Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!



No comments: