Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday January 13, 2013 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Worrying doesn't add a single hour to your life-
2-When you criticize others without first considering your own problems, you are a hypocrite-
3-The wisdom of what a person says is proved right or wrong by their actions-
4-Mouths speak what flows out of the heart-
5-Skeptics wouldn't believe when John the Baptist preached repentance with austerity and they wouldn't believe when Jesus preached faith and joy-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.  In the renaissance era, it was fashionable to shave them off-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Give your family the bulk of your time, energy and love, and you will be happy-
 
DID YOU KNOW-A cesium atom in an atomic clock beats 9,192,631,770 times a second-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does the Holy Spirit reside anywhere on earth besides in believers?
2-When the rapture takes place, will the Holy Spirit be gone from the earth?
3-Will most if not all the events of the tribulation period be from natural calamities?
4-Is the degree to which we are longing for Jesus' return a measure of our spiritual condition?
5-Was Columbus discovering America an accident?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-The covenant after the great flood was made not only between God and man, but also between God and the animals and the earth.  What did God give as the sign of this covenant?
Yesterday's answer-Jehoshaphat    2 Chronicles  20:22
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 10:34-38
34 Jesus answered, “It is written in your law that God said, ‘I said, you are gods.’[a] 35 This Scripture called those people gods who received God’s message, and Scripture is always true. 36 So why do you say that I speak against God because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? I am the one God chose and sent into the world. 37 If I don’t do what my Father does, then don’t believe me. 38 But if I do what my Father does, even though you don’t believe in me, believe what I do. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
Footnotes:
  1. John 10:34 ‘I . . . Gods.’ Quotation from Psalm 82:6.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Jesus, You came to earth from heaven to take on flesh and dwell among us as You became the supreme example of God in the flesh, pouring out Your grace upon grace. In Your humanness You were victorious in the raging battle against the spiritual forces of evil when faced with temptations and trials common to all people. We stand in glorious victory as we follow Your example and hold to Your unchanging truths. We come alongside those who are grieving loss and enduring heartache in the midst of this glorious season, for it is in keeping with the season of giving, that we give ourselves in faithful prayer toward these in grief. It is in the loving name of Jesus that we pray. Amen.
 
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: