Saturday, January 05, 2013

Saturday January 5, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Christians lack of faith is directly related to the neglect of reading and meditating on scripture-
2-Worship must be an acknowledgement of his presence, and his presence is brought about by worship-
3-Listen closely as those around your speak, for great truths are revealed in jest-
4-We often think on how bad the crucifixion time was for Jesus but do we ever consider how hard the wilderness experience was for him?
5-To give allegiance to satan is a guaranteed path to disaster-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young-
 
I'VE LEARNED-I can choose to let regrets define me, confine me, refine me, outshine me or I can choose to move on and leave them behind me-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Sitka spruce is Britain's most commonly planted tree-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Jonah in sea water inside the great fish?
2-Was Jonah ever in any fear of drowning?
3-How could Jonah have prayed inside the great fish?
4-What day inside the great fish did Jonah pray to God?
5-At Jonah's preaching, the Ninevites repented and God relented his plan of judgement.  Does God today remove his judgement when we repent and turn to him?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What nation was Israel fighting when Moses' arms, held aloft, caused Israel to win?
Yesterday's answer-Egypt's   Exodus 14:13-31
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 10:1-6
Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, the person who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. The one who guards the door opens it for him. And the sheep listen to the voice of the shepherd. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he brings all his sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger. They will run away from him because they don’t know his voice.” Jesus told the people this story, but they did not understand what it meant.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Praying man Jesus, Prince of Peace, thank You for calming the raging storm in my soul when You took up residency within my heart, as You removed my sins and replaced them with Your righteousness. This eternal exchange has brought me countless joy, abiding peace, and a home in heaven. It is once and for all established in the heavens and serves as an anchor to provide unwavering hope even while the torrential waves of world tragedies, wars, fears, strife, and personal difficulties attempt to shatter my peaceful state of mind. We raise to You our Ebenezer whereby our help has come. You have overcome the world and You will also help me to overcome my troubles. Amen.

TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.

No comments: