Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday January 29, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Jesus wants his followers to deal with their problems in a kind and compassionate manner-
2-If we fail to forgive, it shows we have not experienced God's forgiveness-
3-If God is willing to forgive our lifetime of sins, we should be willing to forgive any sins against us without keeping score-
4-Don't criticize what you can't understand-
5-The person who can best show empathy is the one who has felt the woe-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Even when a pessimists gets the best of it, he makes the worst of it-
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you lose your temper, you've lost the argument-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do you go from doing one good deed to making doing good deeds a way of life?
2-What gives the most satisfaction in life?
3-What is the key to enjoying Christian service?
4-What is the basis for being the "best that you can be"?
5-Did David mourn more for Saul or Jonathan when they were reported killed?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What apostle told the early Christians that all believers were anointed by the Holy Spirit?
Yesterday's answer-Messiah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 12:29-33
29 The crowd standing there, who heard the voice, said it was thunder.
But others said, “An angel has spoken to him.”
30 Jesus said, “That voice was for your sake, not mine. 31 Now is the time for the world to be judged; now the ruler of this world will be thrown down. 32 If I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people toward me.” 33 Jesus said this to show how he would die.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, I want the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be pleasing to You this day. I pray that my conversation is uplifting so that I build others up rather than tear them down. Just as salt is tasty to food making it more pleasant to eat, I pray that my dialogue is wholesome making conversation pleasant and beneficial to those who listen. Because of Your redemptive work in my life I am blessed and highly flavored with the preserving salt of Your holy Word. I want to spread the message of Your salvation to others so that they are snatched from the evil one and their lives are preserved for this life and the next. We pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: