Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday January 28, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Everyone needs to be loved, especially when they do not deserve it-
2-One of the most important marks of maturity is gratitude-
3-When people follow Jesus for the miracles, they eventually will fall away for they will always want to see something greater-
4-Jesus promised great rewards in his kingdom but possible pain and problems in the process-
5-Jesus wants Christians to be different than the rest of society even though they are not perfect-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Three things in life that are never certain-1 Fortune, 2 Success, 3 Dreams-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The tooth is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the book of "Jashar"?
2-When did the Israelites become a divided kingdom of Israel and Judah?
3-Should Christians show love to a believer and non believer in the same portion?
4-Should a Christian help a needy family member before helping other people?
5-What is a "sacrifice of praise"?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What Old Testament word means "anointed"?
Yesterday's answer-Cyrus    Isaiah  45:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     John 12:20-28
20 There were some Greek people, too, who came to Jerusalem to worship at the Passover Feast. 21 They went to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and said, “Sir, we would like to see Jesus.” 22 Philip told Andrew, and then Andrew and Philip told Jesus.
23 Jesus said to them, “The time has come for the Son of Man to receive his glory. 24 I tell you the truth, a grain of wheat must fall to the ground and die to make many seeds. But if it never dies, it remains only a single seed. 25 Those who love their lives will lose them, but those who hate their lives in this world will keep true life forever. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me. Then my servant will be with me everywhere I am. My Father will honor anyone who serves me.
27 “Now I am very troubled. Should I say, ‘Father, save me from this time’? No, I came to this time so I could suffer. 28 Father, bring glory to your name!”
Then a voice came from heaven, “I have brought glory to it, and I will do it again.”

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, I thank You for the marvelous transaction that took place when You delivered me from the domain of darkness and transferred me into the kingdom of Your Son in whom I have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. There is no earthly transaction that will ever bring about such a major change in my life or affect my future such as Your mighty deliverance. I was lost in darkness without hope but now, because of Your glorious deliverance and transfer, I walk in endless hope in the radiant light of Jesus. I have been found by Your love and kept by Your grace. Praise be to Your name! Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD

No comments: