Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Tuesday January 8, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God knows what you need even before you pray-
2-If you really forgive those who sin against you, God will forgive you, but if you won't then don't expect God's forgiveness-
3-God sees and knows both your attitude and behavior-
4-Christians, put your treasures where you want you heart to be-
5-Our hearts and our treasures usually stick together-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you are old-
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you plant goodness you will reap friends-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The bark of a redwood tree is fireproof.  Fires that occur in a redwood forest take place inside the trees-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Jonah told God he wanted to die, so why didn't he?
2-Why did Jonah want to sit in the shade of the vine when he had already made a shelter which had given him shade?
3-What did God mean saying the people of Ninevah could not tell their right hand from their left?
4-God asked Jonah, "Should I not be concerned with that great city of Ninevah."  Were there other cities and peoples that God was equally concerned with?
5-Was Ninevah the only city that God sent a prophet to preach repentance to?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-When Samuel was offering a sacrifice, what did the Lord do to rattle the Philistines?
Yesterday's answer-Assyria's    2 Kings 19:35
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 10:14-16
14 “I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep, and my sheep know me, 15 just as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I give my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not in this flock, and I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying manFather, we thank You for Jesus who was born that man no more may die. The grave is not the end for the believer, but simply the passage way into an eternal dwelling with You, the celestial beings, our Lord Jesus Christ, and the saints whom we join there. The last enemy to be destroyed is death, but the lights of glory will welcome us into our eternal home where we will reunite with our dear loved ones who’ve gone before us.  Grant special grace to those who’ve experienced recent loss and encourage their hearts this day. We pray for this through Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: