Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Wednesday January 9, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-What ever your eyes are focused on, that is what your body will see-
2-Whether you focus on generosity or stingyness , that is how your life will be lived-
3-You have to choose which is most important to you, loyalty to your possessions or to God for you can't serve both at the same time.
4-All freedoms cost someone something-
5-Sometimes God will give us what we ask for even if it is at our own peril-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you are right handed you will tend to chew your food on the right side of your mouth.  If you are left handed you will tend to chew your food on the left side of your mouth.
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you plant humility, you will reap greatness-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Orchids are grown from seeds so small it would take thirty thousand to weigh as much as one grain of wheat.
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Jonah's preaching of judgement so powerful that the Ninevites repented on the first day or was it something else?
2-Would Jonah's appearance have been strange looking after being in the great fish for 3 days?
3-Did the sailors on Jonah's ship to Tarshish remain believers in Jonah's God?
4-Did the sailors on Jonah's ship ever hear the outcome of throwing him overboard?
5-What is a hopeless situation?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What occurred when Jonathan and his armor bearer attacked the philistines?
Yesterday's answer-It thundered from heaven   1 Samuel 7:10
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 10:17-18
17 The Father loves me because I give my life so that I can take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from me; I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to take it back. This is what my Father commanded me to do.”

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Jesus, though You were God, You did not cling to Your rights as God. Instead You made Yourself nothing, taking the humble position of a slave You appeared in human form. Though innocent You died a criminal’s death on a cross. Because of Your loving, sacrificial obedience our Father gave You the name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. I gratefully declare and confess You, Jesus Christ, to be my Lord and Savior right now and forevermore!  Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: