Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday June 13, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys-
2-A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season-
3-A person who thinks logically provide a nice contrast to  the real world-
4-The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder-
5-Sometimes the unseen limits imposed by a loving God protects the foolhardy though they might not suspect it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A clear conscience sometimes is the result of a bad memory-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Jesus did not teach that a life of faith would be easy, but the reward for endurance would be eternity with him-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Tigers have stripped skin, not just stripped fur-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Paul's name and fame still spreading during his 12 years of absence?
2-Why did Barnabas approach Paul about joining his ministry team in Antioch?
3-What do we know about Barnabas?
4-When did the name "The Way" stop being used as a name for Jesus' followers?
5-In the early church, was the name "Christian" a complementary name or one of insult?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What book of the Bible mentions a "priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek"?
Yesterday's answer-Melchizedek    Genesis  14:18
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 7:35-38
35 “This Moses was the same man the two men of Israel rejected, saying, ‘Who made you a ruler and judge?’[a] Moses is the same man God sent to be a ruler and savior, with the help of the angel that Moses saw in the burning bush. 36 So Moses led the people out of Egypt. He worked miracles and signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea, and then in the desert for forty years. 37 This is the same Moses that said to the people of Israel, ‘God will give you a prophet like me, who is one of your own people.’[b] 38 This is the Moses who was with the gathering of the Israelites in the desert. He was with the angel that spoke to him at Mount Sinai, and he was with our ancestors. He received commands from God that give life, and he gave those commands to us.

Footnotes:

  1. 7:35 ‘Who . . . Judge?’ Quotation from Exodus 2:14.
  2. 7:37 ‘God . . . People.’ Quotation from Deuteronomy 18:15.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Praying manFather, the spiritual journey may have its twists and turns, its potholes and inclines that obscure the finish line, but by faith I will stay the course because You give me power when I feel faint and strength when I am weak. Everlasting Father, Creator of the ends of the earth You do not grow weary or faint; Your understanding is vast beyond measure and Your might gives me strength when I grow weary and hope when I become discouraged helping me to rise as though I have wings as eagles. Help me to soar above my troubles and give flight to those worries that would otherwise weigh me down. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
 
 
 
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: