Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday June 19, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Normal is in the eye of the beholder-
2-What you see mainly depends on what you look for-
3-Those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future-
4-Listen much, speak little-
5-What you are doing today may eventually affect someone you don't even know-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The Bible doesn't say that "money is the root of all evil", rather "the love of money is the root of all evil"-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Running in short bursts, the cheetah can reach a speed of sixty two miles per hour-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Where was Lazarus' soul the days he was dead?
2-Is there a place the soul goes after the body dies to wait for the judgement?
3-Why is foot washing not a common practice in church services today?
4-Jesus washed the disciples feet, but did they then wash others feet?
5-Did Jesus wash any other peoples feet beside that of the disciples?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What is the only parable of Jesus to have a priest as a character?
Yesterday's answer-Ezekiel 
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 8:1-4
 Saul agreed that the killing of Stephen was good.

Troubles for the Believers

On that day the church of Jerusalem began to be persecuted, and all the believers, except the apostles, were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria.
And some religious people buried Stephen and cried loudly for him. Saul was also trying to destroy the church, going from house to house, dragging out men and women and putting them in jail. And wherever they were scattered, they told people the Good News.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, there are so many enticements this world has to offer that rival for my devotion. I must be careful not to let the  allurements this world has to offer deter me from the bigger picture; my eternal home in heaven or the promises that are yet to be filled. So that I don’t lost sight of the kingdom of God I desire godly discernment day in and day out in the choices I make that will help me remain faithful and fully committed to You in my Christian walk. I ask for Your help in the strong name of Jesus, my Lord and Savior.  Amen.


LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: