Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday August 15, 2016 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Compassion is feeling the hurt of another-
2-Obedience is not agreeing with God's will, it is doing it-
3-Living by faith is not substituting for facts-
4-To live by faith is to focus on God-
5-Living the life of faith is not a mater of trying harder, it is a matter of focus-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you don't know where you are going you will probably end up somewhere else-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Do less correcting and more connecting-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Egyptian city of Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great in 331 BC-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Would we recognize the voice of God if he chose to speak to us?
2-Are Christians slow to forgive the wrongs of others?
3-How do you know when you have peace?
4-How can a christian talk about the lost without tears in their eyes?
5-What does it take to turn an indifferent christian into one who cares?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-"There are many other things Jesus did. If every one of them were written down, I suppose the whole world would not be big enough for all the books that would be written" is the last verse of what book of the Bible?
Answer for today     John
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      Matthew 26:27-29
27 Then Jesus took a cup and thanked God for it and gave it to the followers. He said, “Every one of you drink this. 28 This is my blood which is the new agreement that God makes with his people. This blood is poured out for many to forgive their sins. 29 I tell you this: I will not drink of this fruit of the vine again until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
 
 
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, life isn't always easy.  Sometimes I feel I have every right to be ungrateful for the hard times.  But you weren't.  So, on my dark days, when endurance is hard, teach me to, like you, look ahead and know that one day the pain will all be worth it-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG,
 ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-



No comments: