Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday August 14, 2016 thought for the day


 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Where your treasure is there your heart is also-
2-Life in Christ is free but it is not cheap-
3-To witness is to "pass the salt"-
4-Get in the habit of saying "Speak Lord"-
5-Attitudes shape all the directions of our lives-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-You can't hit a target you don't see-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Finger paint more and point the finger less-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Pharaoh Ramses II died in 1225 BC.  At the time of his death, he had fathered 111 sons and 67 daughters
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why do Christians need to be motivated?
2-Why do many Christians have to be begged to participate in a church program?
3-Can a group of people know God's will or is it just for individuals?
4-Why are we impatient with long prayers?
5-Do people want a Savior but not a Lord?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-"These are the commands the Lord gave to Moses at Mount Sinai for the people of Israel" is the last verse of what book of the Bible?
Answer for today       Leviticus
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      Jeremiah 31:31,33
31 “Look, the time is coming,” says the Lord,
    “when I will make a new agreement
With the people of Israel
    And the people of Judah.
33 “This is the agreement I will make
    With the people of Israel at that time,” says the Lord:
“I will put my teachings in their minds
    And write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    And they will be my people.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, sometimes it seems that the harder I try to obey, the more I fail.  Thank you that your faithfulness, not mine, makes me and keeps me your child.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-





No comments: