Saturday, August 20, 2016

Saturday August 20, 2016 thought for the day



 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-I have no greater joy than to know my children walk with the Lord-
2-I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you-
3-When I count my blessings, your name always comes up-
4-Beware of anything that competes with loyalty to God-
5-To be righteous demands obedience from the heart-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The surest way to save face is to keep the lower part shut-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Do more hugging and less tugging-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In ancient Greece, women counted their age from the date they were were married-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does having wealth make you less sensitive to those in need?
2-Is it unchristian to become self sufficient?
3-Have we as a culture given up our responsibility to those in need to governmental agencies?
4-Do we see those in need as less fortunate rather than as brothers and sisters?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-"By saying they have that “knowledge,” some have missed the true faith. Grace be with you" is the last verse of what book of the Bible?
answer for today      1 Timothy
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY        Hebrews 6:17-18
17 God wanted to prove that his promise was true to those who would get what he promised. And he wanted them to understand clearly that his purposes never change, so he made an oath. 18 These two things cannot change: God cannot lie when he makes a promise, and he cannot lie when he makes an oath. These things encourage us who came to God for safety. They give us strength to hold on to the hope we have been given.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY-

 
Thank you father that you are holy, your word is unchanging and unchangeable and my status as your child is secure-
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-





No comments: