Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday August 29, 2016 thought for the day




THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Did it ever occur to you that nothing ever occurs to God?    
2-Born once to die twice, born twice to die once-
3-Sorrow is the price of love-
4-Try for perfection and be satisfied with  the best you can do-
5-Laughter is a noisy smile-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If evolution is true, why do mothers still only have one pair of hands?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Bless yourself abundantly-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Prior to WW 2, when guards were posted at the fence, anyone could wander right up to the front door of the white house.
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does God ever appear to not make sense?
2-How can we know Gods will and not read the Bible?
3-Can sin be defined aside from the Bible?
4-Can we spiritualize all of our problems?
5-Is the church more concerned with preserving the faith than saving the lost?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-"The Lord All-Powerful says, ‘On that day I will take you, Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, my servant,’ says the Lord, ‘and I will make you important like my signet ring, because I have chosen you!’ says the Lord All-Powerful” is the last verse of what book of the Bible?
Answer for today    Haggai
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Isaiah 61:1-3
The Lord God has put his Spirit in me,
    Because the Lord has appointed me to tell the good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to comfort those whose hearts are broken,
To tell the captives they are free,
    And to tell the prisoners they are released.
He has sent me to announce the time when the Lord will show his kindness
    And the time when our God will punish evil people.
He has sent me to comfort all those who are sad
and to help the sorrowing people of Jerusalem.
I will give them a crown to replace their ashes,
    And the oil of gladness to replace their sorrow,
    And clothes of praise to replace their spirit of sadness.
Then they will be called Trees of Goodness,
    Trees planted by the Lord to show his greatness.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, thank you that your love is the cure for the brokenness in my life.  Thank you for the hope and comfort I find in that truth-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG,
 ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: