Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday December 28, 2009 thought for the day


NEW YEAR IS A COMING!!

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Church and God are not synonymous-
2-Obedience is better than sacrifice or giving-
3-Obedience is the key to knowing God's will-
4-It is out of the helplessness of our lives that we determine who our God really is-
5-Holiness is a relationship, not a state of being-

STRANGE THOUGHT-I worked as a tailor but I just wasn't suited for it, mainly because it was a so-so job-

I'VE LEARNED-It is the small daily happenings that make life so spectacular-

DID YOU KNOW-George Washington was deathly afraid of being buried alive. After he died, he wanted to be laid out for three days just to be sure he was dead-

5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was doubting Thomas a twin, and if so to whom and why do we know nothing about him?
2-Why was one of the disciples named James called James the Less?
3-If the 12 disciples were so important to Jesus, why don't we know more about them and why they were chosen?
4-Except for the inner circle of Jesus' disciples, why do we not know more about what they did?
5-What did the disciples do as disciples?

BIBLE TRIVIA-Eve is the first woman named in the bible. Who was the second?
Yesterday's answer-Balaam's donkey (Numbers22:28-30)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 115:1-
1 I love the Lord, because he listens to my prayers for help.
2 He paid attention to me, so I will call to him for help as long as I live.
3-The ropes of death bound me, and the fear of the grave took hold of me. I was troubled and sad.
4 Then I called out the name of the Lord. I said, "Please, Lord, save me!"
5 The Lord is kind and does what is right; our God is merciful.
6 The Lord watches over the foolish; when I was helpless, he saved me.
7 I said to myself, "Relax, because the Lord takes care of you."
8 Lord, you saved me from death. You stopped my eyes from crying; you kept me from being defeated.
9 So I will walk with the Lord in the land of the living.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER





No comments: