Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday September 11, 2011 thought for the day


SHE STILL FLIES OVER THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!!!
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY-
1-Buried in common place things, the pearl of happiness is to be found-
2-A great artist can paint a great picture on a small canvas-
3-Most of us will never do great things but we can do small things in a great way-
4-A friend is someone to whom you can entrust the key to your heart-
5-The longer you carry a problem, the heavier it gets-
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you have one watch you know what time it is, but if you have two watches you are never quite sure-
I'VE LEARNED-No where in scripture is there sentimental wishful thinking-
DID YOU KNOW-Rice is thrown at weddings as a symbol of fertility-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-What does it take for God to call you his "friend"?
2-Why did God chose Abraham to bless him into a great nation?
3-Did Abraham live blameless before God after God called him?
4-Did God make Hagar's child Ishmael into as blessed people?
5-Why does the Bible use fire as a sign of purity?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said, "Is that your voice, David my son?"
Yesterday's answer-Revelation 1:15
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 12:6-8
6 We all have different gifts, each of which came because of the grace God gave us. The person who has the gift of prophecy should use that gift in agreement with the faith.7 Anyone who has the gift of serving should serve. Anyone who has the gift of teaching should teach.8 Whoever has the gift of encouraging others should encourage. Whoever has the gift of giving to others should give freely. Anyone who has the gift of being a leader should try hard when he leads. Whoever has the gift of showing mercy to others should do so with joy.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manJesus, I consider the words of Paul in Romans 14:7 where he reminds us that everyone’s life and eventual death has a relation to others as well as themselves. The choices I make and the actions that come from those choices either better my family name or inflict disaster on society. I choose to live my life according to Your will and enjoy the present and eternal blessings that come from this decision. I, with absolute intention, refuse to give Satan a foothold in my life thereby bringing evil human desires that eventually destroy my faith in You. I want to carefully guard the basic spiritual principles prayerfully instilled in me through Your Holy Word. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!!!






No comments: